What is the AGA? - It's the
American Goldfish Association.
What's it for?
- It's a group of goldfish people who have gotten together to
promote the breeding, raising and showing of goldfish in the
U.S. and Canada.
How does it work?
- We sponsor goldfish shows across the country, supply the judges,
and publish an email newsletter.
Do you plan to do away with
my local koi or goldfish club?
- No, we plan to work with the local clubs to help stimulate
interest in the goldfish hobby.
How are you going to generate
more interest in goldfish?
- By encouraging existing koi clubs to add goldfish competitions
to their shows to increase turn-out; by providing a frequently
updated website offering goldfish tips and show information;
by providing seminars at local koi and goldfish shows; and by
providing the best, most qualified judges at goldfish shows.
Do we need another goldfish
- That's a good question. While there are several goldfish organizations
already in existence, they don't provide the broad array of
services that the AGA is seeking to provide.
This all sounds great, but
when does the AGA start?
- Well, right now. We've been organizing the association, developing
our website, and getting our judges lined-up. We'll be sending
out information to various goldfish and koi-related websites
over the next few weeks with membership information. We hope
that you will join the AGA.